Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Road Trip Wednesday!


Alright, I know, it's late.  ^^;  I have an excuse, though.  I came down with a cold this weekend! My throat is sore! Yay!  And yeah.

This week's topic: What is the funniest book you've ever read?
The funniest book recently? Probably Hold Me Closer, Necromancer and it's sequel, Necromancing the Stone.  It's quirky, fun, it's chapters are titled with lyrics from (somewhat) older songs.  Everything from 'Brown paper packages tied up with strings' to 'C'mon baby, don't fear the reaper'.  The characters have a very sarcastic sense of humor, and it's set in Seattle, Washington.  I've never been there personally, but I used to live near Portland, Oregon and the Pacific Northwest has a special place in my heart.

All time, though?  The first one to pop into my head was pretty much any Patrick McManus book.  He's the kind of person who can't help writing humor (even when he's not aware of it/doesn't want to).  I heard that when he was in a college writing class he got an 'F' because he was supposed to write a serious memory. It wasn't serious.

So it'd definitely be a great idea to write different styles of storytelling. If it pans out, great! If it doesn't, well, at least you've tried.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment